Friday, February 12, 2016

A Community Lost...



i have been an avid follower... reader... and fan of “GLBT Voices Singapore” for quite some time now... i only discovered this awesome facebook community sometime last year and i was immediately hooked on the confessions & wonderful stories & real life experiences from gay guys in Singapore...

it had such a sense of community and i guess that’s why it has grown into a page for the GLBT to just vent out their frustrations no matter how big and dramatic the problem is or silly and minuscule the confession may be... and it came to no surprise that until just recently ... “GLBT voices Singapore” expanded its niche market confessions not to just gays in Singapore... but accepted anonymous confessions from all around the world... (but mostly still from Singapore and Malaysia)...

i have a personal blog and that is usually my go to place to write out my feelings and thoughts on things that i’m going through in my life... but when i started my blog ... my intention was never about getting the “likes” and the “page views” or “comments”... i just wanted to put my writing out there for myself.. and maybe in hopes that maybe JUST maybe... one person who reads a particular blog post of mine could take some of it to heart and perhaps brighten up his day and say “yeah... i can relate to that” !...

when i was having my writer’s block... and almost gave up blogging altogether... that was when i came across “GLBT Voices Singapore” and decided maybe i should post some of my past blog entries on there as anonymous “confessions”... just for fun really... but to my surprise... the guys that commented on my confessions saying that they feel the same way as i do and can connect with it...totally gave me a renewed interest in writing again... seeing how my past blog posts shaped me as someone who is still learning something new everyday...

i was so grateful for this fb page... and it felt so darn good to feel like i finally fit in somewhere... even though it was just an online fb page... it was a sense of "community"... 

well until recently something unfortunate happened...




i was scrolling through my fb newsfeed and saw that short and sweet confession that i could totally relate to... because hell... i myself am a hopeless romantic too !... so i commented on it...

“omg im so curious to know who your crush is!... could you pls inbox me and tell me who its is ?” 

and about less than a minute later... my comment was deleted... (i thought it was a fb bug or wifi problem or something... so i commented again...)

“ to the person who wrote this post... pls inbox me... tell me who the crush is ! im curious to know.. tq :-)”

and just like that a minute later... my comment was deleted again... and thats when i realized maybe it was the page admin that was deleting my comment... but that didn’t make any sense so i commented yet again just to test this conspiracy theory out...

“ why do my comments keep getting deleted?”

and yes ... again... my comment was almost immediately deleted.... so i inboxed the page admin personally and asked why were my comments getting deleted? and the response i got was abit baffling...




ok ... i guess maybe that’s why... i was asking the “anonymous confessor” to contact me... but that i believe is far from the actual meaning of “soliciting”... but i can understand for the safety of the OP (other person)... maybe he doesn’t want to be outed or something like that... so i took a step back... and thought how i would rephrase my comment to be my own thoughts that technically would not come off as “soliciting”... and i finally commented with this...

“hmmmm i’m so curious who this crush of yours is... :-)”

and just like that... i got kicked out and banned from the page altogether...

did that really just happen? 

i didn’t solicit anyone? 

i didn't ask anyone to CONTACT or INBOX me?... 

i had no advice to give... so i just commented what my “own thoughts” were on the subject as the page admin so clearly wrote in his reply...

feeling a little shocked at this whole thing... but i’m kinda not surprised at the same time... because this is the sort of thing that always seem to happen to me... when things seem to get good and when i finally find someone or SOMETHING that i think “hmmm this could be great ”... it never fails to just implode into an unbelievable mess... which never makes any sense at all...

i have been as friendly and nice to everyone i interact with on fb and especially the guys on “GLBT Voices Singapore”... even when i don’t agree and feel borderline offended & pukingly disgusted with a completely racist, superficial, bitchy and shallow confession i just read... i keep my personal principles and beliefs to myself... and even resisted from shooting a smart@ss remark.. (one time ...at the most i just commented "SMH" (shaking my head)... while some of the other guys comment hurtful things to the “anonymous” confessor...

i do not condone and or participate in online bullying... (and simple snarky comments no matter how little they may seem)... remind me of the bullying i have gone through as a kid... and i cannot imagine what some people have to deal with when posting your life experiences and feelings online with trolls and haters out there...

i am not a troll... i am not a hater...

when other people seem to be “trolling & hating” on the comments thread... i even go as far as commenting:-

“c’mon guys.... no H8”

and to think... that i was soo looking forward & planning to fly to kl to attend #GKLcoffeesession II ... heck... i was even contemplating flying all the way to singapore to attend #GSCoffeesession XI... i mean... i have always wanted to just go to a place to meet guys... gay guys... where i can completely be myself... and finally just socialize in a friendly non sleazy / non hook-up kinda way...!   

so as i type this out right now... and think about what just happened... my goal is not to get people to boycott “GLBT Voices Singapore”... because of how unfortunate the page admin handled and singled out my one minor comment... (upon hundreds of other comments he probably needs to moderate everyday...)

i think “GLBT Voices Singapore” is a safe haven for alot of people... and that's why it just resonates so well and the community keeps growing bigger and bigger every single day... i think it is awesome that the guy who created this fb page... i really honestly commend him for all the hours he has to put in just to keep this community up and running...

but... this is me... affirming that “GLBT Voices Singapore” has lost one of its most avid “follower”... “reader”... and “fan” and how this unfortunate incident truly makes me feel... 

just sad... 

and that is why i just needed to vent and blog this one out...


ice cream and rainbows.... all the way... 

:-/


4 comments:

fantus said...

Well that sucks. It seems that someone is sticking to the letter and not the purpose of thier page! Do you want me to post this to that page(your post about it?)

N!LoC said...

:-)

Tim Vernon said...

Oh dear everything good implodes on you. Looks like you have to stick with the fully emploded sleazy gay community. We will listen to your confessions just make them hot. These do-gooder are only after the same cheap thrill from your sordid story. Don't lose sleep over them. The real People that belong in your life will find you.

N!LoC said...

:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Categories

Tank Top (116) Gay (114) Life (111) Poems (99) Drama (73) Memories (63) Sexy (60) Body (56) Rice Queen (40) Video (39) Iphone (35) Dream (34) Virgin (34) Lyrics (33) Kinky (31) Pop Star (21) Bitch (15) Ugly (15) Shirtless (14)