Thursday, March 7, 2013

Mariah And Me...


mariah circa 1995


there is this little insider story about Mariah and how in the beginning of her phenomenal career...she was told by her (manager / eventual first husband) to be only photographed from the LEFT side of her face because apparently that was her “good” side...

and i have heard her say in countless interviews over the years that those words always lingered in her head even until this very day...always re surfacing  insecurities about her self-image she struggled with as a child...

i somehow always seem to relate to Mariah not only through her writing and beautiful music... but also through her life...

i have never ever liked taking pictures of myself or being photographed with friends... (or even on those cloudy days)... looking at myself in the mirror...

 i was my biggest bully... always being so critical about my smile... i used to think that my smile was the most “ugliest” thing in the world...

but let me tell you... boy oh boy have i come a long way...

it took alot of life experiences and self discovery to somehow find the light in me to see the beauty in my smile and to not critically bash myself for it...”because trust me”... (even my closest friends can tell me to my face that my smile looks like a donkey’s @ss)....ouch...!   :-(

so... why should i even let that get me down? i know deep down that my smile is beautiful...and special... 

because it’s my smile...and it’s just mine...

and nobody can take that away from me...

2 comments:

Gerard Chang said...

It's your smile and treasure it. Keep smiling as it helps to build and enhance your self confidence. You got the most beautiful and charming smile in the world, trust me.

N!LoC said...

.... Oh my ! (Blush blush) :-$

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Categories

Tank Top (116) Gay (115) Life (111) Poems (99) Drama (73) Memories (63) Sexy (60) Body (56) Rice Queen (40) Video (40) Iphone (35) Dream (34) Virgin (34) Lyrics (33) Kinky (32) Pop Star (21) Bitch (15) Ugly (15) Shirtless (14)