Friday, December 16, 2011

If I Let You Go...


sure american boy bands are all cute and hot...

but euro boy bands had their fair share of sex appeal and (tanktop-wearing) hotties... BOYZONE...TAKE THAT...CODE RED...BLUE...5IVE...

but only one boy band holds a special place in my heart...

yeah.. maybe it was because i was going through my dark years of depression...(i self diagnosed my self because according to oprah... i had all the exact symptoms) or maybe i was also suffering from spice girls withdrawal (they just broke up DAMN GINGER SPICE!)...so i had to come to terms with understanding what i was feeling when seeing these boys...and those beautiful boys were called

WESTLIFE...

believe it or not.. they are actually still around today... and planning a final tour before they officially call it quits...and i was lucky enough to see them in concert 2 decades ago (YIKES I'M OLD)....and it was actually my very first official concert i attended...so i kinda lost my concert-virginity to them.... (blush blush)

here is the weird part....the day after the concert i slowly realized i couldn't eat...i couldn't sleep and and i couldn't even attend school one day because i would be on the verge of tears for no apparent reason in class...and i lost close to 20 lbs in like just 2 weeks until my mom got so worried she sent me to the hospital to get a blood test and health checkup...(the lady doctor even jokingly asked what my secret diet was ? because she wanted to drop 20lbs in two weeks too!)

i used to listen to ALL their songs and always shed a tear...(yes corny.. i know) but as i said.. i was going through depression.... probably any sad love song i listened to turned on my water works.. i guess mainly... because i was in despair..worrying about myself if i was going to be alone my whole life... i didn't really come to terms with being GAY...(i still thought it was just a phase..and i would eventually "like" girls and get married or something)... so this was really my first male idolizing experiencing... (right after MARIAH and THE SPICE GIRLS)

i stopped following westlife right after their 2nd album...because i was in a weird place in life and decided not to let the depressing years resurface...

i don't have any of their songs in my ipod because listening to their songs would only bring back the memories of those dark years... (and my memory is a scary one...) any song i listen brings me right back to the exact day and exact feeling ...so it's best that my westlife cd's remained untouched...(ooo i can't believe I'm putting this video on my blog...it brings me right back ...)

"if i let you go".... the music and the lyrics.... speak for themselves....





Westlife ~ If I Let You Go


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Categories

Gay (117) Tank Top (116) Life (114) Poems (100) Drama (73) Memories (63) Sexy (60) Body (58) Video (41) Rice Queen (40) Dream (35) Iphone (35) Virgin (35) Kinky (34) Lyrics (34) Pop Star (22) Bitch (15) Shirtless (15) Ugly (15)